Istambay sa Mindanao

Personal blog of MindaNews' Walter I. Balane. Visit www.mindanews.com for more news, views and information on Mindanao.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, Mindanao, Philippines

I'm Walter Balane. I am a journalist based in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, Philippines. I initiated the group called Atong Press (www.atongpress.ning.com) for press freedom and responsibility and media education in Bukidnon.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Updates: Davao goes global?

Of course, this is nothing new. That Davao can compete is beyond question. It is just a matter of getting what Malcolm Gladwell calls the "Tipping Point". The thing is, we are not yet in that point and there are still a lot of things to do and get all done. I hope organizers of the 2006 Davao Trade Expo (DATE) hit their targets for both direct and book sales.