Istambay sa Mindanao

Personal blog of MindaNews' Walter I. Balane. Visit www.mindanews.com for more news, views and information on Mindanao.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, Mindanao, Philippines

I'm Walter Balane. I am a journalist based in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon, Philippines. I initiated the group called Atong Press (www.atongpress.ning.com) for press freedom and responsibility and media education in Bukidnon.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Updates: Alarming

No, I did not mean the blog "Disastrous" I posted yesterday (which I thought I could update but I havent.) I actually meant the bomb that reportedly exploded in Valencia City on Friday. My story was written from Davao and updated with interviews in Bukidnon. It was alarming because, Bukidnon, being a big WWII battlefield or at least hideout, could have more of those vintage bombs. I wish the police and local governments could be more proactive on this matter, esp. that two people died and six others were injured.

At least there are good news on the other hand. The Ombudsman already launched its whistleblowing primer, promising to help curb or fight corruption in Mindanao and the rest of the country via citizen participation. I just hope it could convince people to "sing" against corrupt public officials. The rate of reported cases of corrupt officials is also another alarming angle. Wew.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Poems divorce Sony digital camera canada anique kitchen range bible 1 generic prozac Zocor siide effects raw food kitchen Aston martin spider Interior designs of the 1960's malpractice lawyers and albany ny Forex 5001 Flag football playbooks Interest only loan mortgage removal spyware skybot Cracks in driveway connecticut business opportunities work at home flat pack kitchens tamworth hydraulic kitchen tables bruder farm toy

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home